If your perfect Valentine’s Day includes Netflix and chill with some pizza in bed, then we can help make your dream a reality! You can order any of our pizzas to take away, and when combined with some choice pizza and/or cider based movie watching, you’ll be onto a good thing.
Here’s our choices for top pizza and cider billing in film and TV. They not necessarily very romantic, so we’ll leave that bit up to you…
- Breaking Bad (2008-2013) – Walter White tossing a pizza onto the roof of his garage has become a thing of legend. Filmed in one take and now one of the most viewed GIFs on the internet, who ever expected pizza to feature in such an iconic scene from one of our generation’s biggest TV phenomenons?
- Friends (1994-2004) – There are almost too many episodes to list when pizza has featured on the Friends’ menu and frankly, it makes us hungry every time. Joey is a big fan and is known to steal it from outside neighbours’ doors, eat it when he’s already full and reserve a seat for it in his own apartment. How you doin’?
- Futurama (1999-2013) – Isn’t the entire series based on Fry’s inability to deliver a pizza to the cryogenics lab without getting frozen? He then wakes up in the 30th century and the story continues from there… No pizza, no Futurama.
- Home Alone (1990) – Ok, it’s a Christmas film, but who wouldn’t want to order a cheese pizza all to themselves if they were left alone? Certainly wouldn’t want to share it with Buzz’s girlfriend. Woof.
- The Cider House Rules (1999) – Upping the tone of this list somewhat, this Oscar winning film is set in and amongst a cider orchard in Maine during World War II. American cider is becoming increasingly popular worldwide, so perhaps it was ahead of its time.
- Cider with Rosie (1998) – Taking place in the heart of Cider Country following World War I, this film follows poet/author Laurie Lee’s younger years but also depicts a change in rural England towards motorisation, electricity and modernisation – thankfully these changes haven’t affected cider too much…